Inside the Actors Studio is a show on Bravo in which host James Lipton interviews actors, concluding each interview with the following ten questions, to which I have provided my answers:
1) What is your favorite word? Elephant. Hearing “elephant” always makes me smile and recall wonderful memories, like the day I spent feeding, bathing, and riding (bareback) an elephant in the jungles of Thailand, or the day I saw a huge bull elephant emerge from the bushes while on safari in Kruger Park, South Africa.
2) What is your least favorite word? Piss. Ugh, I don’t even like writing it. Whether someone is pissed off, taking a piss, or taking the piss out of someone, in my lexicon it is a negative, crude and tacky word. However, Colin Ferrell’s use of the word in an episode of Scrubs does make me like it a tad more.
3) What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Film scores. (See My 5 Favorite Film Scores post for more explanation).
4) What turns you off? Inconsiderate people. I’d go more in depth, but I’m halfway through completing goal #22 of not saying anything negative about anyone.
5) What is your favorite curse word? Ass hat. I don’t know that I’ve ever even said it (because, Mom and Dad, I never curse), but I enjoy when other people say it. It kind of makes me inexplicably giddy.
6) What sound or noise do you love? Laughter. Uncontrollable, irrepressible, wild, unabashed laughter.
7) What sound or noise do you hate? Screaming babies on an airplane. Especially if the baby is seated right behind me, or in my row, and it’s during the time of the flight when no electronic devices—and therefore no drowning-out music from my iPod—can be used. I understand babies need to cry, and that’s okay, but it’s just a sound I don’t like to hear while I’m flying through the air at 30,000 feet with nowhere to escape.
8) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I answered this in My Top 5 Dream Jobs post, but to summarize: being an actor would be pretty fantastic.
9) What profession would you not like to do? Anything where I’m in a cubicle in the corporate world.
10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? They weren’t lying.