Traveling has always been one of my biggest passions. As I mentioned in Why 30×30, I want to explore as much of the world as possible, touch every corner of the earth, and squeeze as many adventures into this lifetime as I can. There are way too many countries I want to visit to make any kind of Top Ten list of dream destinations, so I decided to simply create a list of the countries I’ve been fortunate enough to have already visited. To spice the list up just a tad, I’ve added a few words or phrases that come to mind based on my experiences in each country. I hope to add to this list as much and as often as possible!
1) United States: Home. National Parks. Road trips. Amusement parks. Football.
Purple = reside(d)
Blue = overnight stay/done an activity
Orange = driven through/layover.
2) Mexico: Alaskan winter reprieve. The Giggling Marlin. Making tortillas. Nearly drowning.
3) Canada: Bison in the road. Helpful locals. RV parks. Most intense blizzard ever.
4) Australia: Vibrant reef. Sky diving. Sun burns. Outback train ride. New Year’s wine.
5) Thailand: $6 massages. Crazy tuk-tuk rides. Being a mahout for the day (bathing, feeding and bareback-riding elephants). Countless Wats. Delicious pad Thai on the street.
6) Jamaica: Snow-white beaches. Peter the croc. Rum punch. Horseback ride in the sea.
7) France: Eiffel Tower climb. Radiant stained glass windows. Inappropriate market fruit.
8) Curacao: Colorful houses. Curacao. Sobering slavery museum. Dancing with locals.
9) South Africa: The Big Five. Table Mountain abseil. Cage-ramming great white sharks. Game Park camping. Biltong, cheese, chocolate and wine.
10) Costa Rica: Jungle ziplining. Tyrolean-traversing sloth. Rainbow-colored toucan.
11) Grand Turks and Caicos: Speedy sand crabs. Wild horses. Adventure biking.
12) Puerto Rico: Hiking El Yunque. Cats. Refreshing waterfalls. Running Old San Juan.
14) Bahamas: Jet skiing. Beach walks. Snorkeling. Lunch with chickens.
15) Aruba: Wreck SCUBA dive. Bath temperature turquoise water.
16) British Virgin Islands: Waterfront running. Iguanas. Warm sand. Corona in the sea.
17) Italy: Pompeii ruins. Venetian Canal swim. Archaeological Museum. Pizza. Rohm roamin’ Rome.
18) Spain: Sangria. Jamboree. Three best friends biking. Las Ramblas market.
19) Monaco: Opulence. Yacht-filled harbor. Park bench nap. Palace guard change.
20) Portugal: Eating caracois (snails). Heel clicks in the street. Prosciutto and cheese.
22) Croatia: Castle wall walk. Floating in the salty Adriatic. Kayaking NDE. Tower climb.
23) Turkey: Spice Market. Hookah. Tear gas riots. Dancing all night. Ephesus ruins.
24) Montenegro: Running the castle wall steps. Medieval old town. Stunning landscape.
25) Colombia: Paragliding. Beachside hammock camping. Caving. Jungle Trekking. Hiking to 16,000 feet in the Andes.